Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vegetable Upma and thengai(coconut) chutney

This easy to make tiffin item is our all time favourite. This indeed goes very well with chai. I know but we like it that way. For the benefit of the readers, we stuck to coconut chutney.

Ingredients:

Rava - 1 cup
water - 2cups
salt
carrot
beans
peas


For tempering:

mustard seeds - 1tsp
urad dal -  1 tsp
curry leaves - handful

Method:

After the tempering of the said ingredients are done, Add the veggies and rava( dry roast rava separately before adding) and water and salt.
Upma is ready within minutes.

9 comments:

Priya Suresh June 3, 2010 at 1:58 AM  

Beautiful combo makes me hungry..

Menaga Sathia June 3, 2010 at 4:53 AM  

super,one of my favourite..

Mary June 3, 2010 at 6:25 AM  

I've always wanted to try upma after reading about it, and this looks like a good recipe to start with! Now I'm going to look for a coconut chutney recipe on your site.

Rachana June 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

A yummy tiffin snack...

Prema June 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

wow very nice and healthy upma...First time here,very nice collections...do visit my blog if time permits. http://premascooking.blogspot.com

Mary Bergfeld June 4, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

This looks remarkably good to my untrained eye. I wanted to thank you for the birthday wishes. Have a great day. Hugs and blessings...Mary

My cooking experiments June 4, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

Loved the upma,loved the blogs and loved the interesting package u r all about!loved all ur blogs!

Simplyfood June 6, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Coconut chutney looks wonderfully delicious.

callmeasviju June 23, 2010 at 8:17 AM  

Very nice blog............

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Followers

Brag Badges

Creationz Unwrapped at Blogged

Page Rank Check

My BlogCatalog BlogRank

My site was nominated for Best Food Blog!


Don't miss Giveaways

Popular posts

welcome back

Translator

What People have to say

Grab This Widget

Grab our button

PalatesandPalettes

We belong to

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP