• 1/2 kg Rice
• Water to sprinkle
• 1/2 Grated coconut
• Salt to taste
How to make Rice Puttu:
• Soak rice in water for about 4 hours, drain and grind it to make powder.
• Cook the powder for about 5 minutes, while heating stir it.
• Let it cool. Combine salt with little water and sprinkle this to the powdered rice just to make the powder wet.
• Place a handful of grated coconut in the puttukutty (special utensil) and then put rice powder till half, now add another handful of grated coconut.
• Close the lid and steam Puttu for about 2 minutes.
This recipe entry is for WYF: Breakfast Event