Here is an interesting kind of painting called silk painting , which is quite easy to do . We use silk paints and not the normal fabric colours. These paints can be used only on silk fabric. Otherwise , ti is almost similar to fabric painting. Let's see hoe to do a silk painting.....
A piece of silk fabric( hanky or any other)
Silk colours(used fevicryl silk colours)
Pattern of your choice
- Trace the design of your choice using traciong paper. Transfer onto the silk fabric using the carbon
- outline the design with gutta , this prevents the seeping og the silk paint to other parts of the fabric. Sice the silk paints are of thinner consistency. let it dry for 5-6 hours
- Apply the silk colours according to your heart's desire on the design.
- For fixing the colour on the fabric iron on the reverse side for 3-4 minutes only.
- To wash off the gutta, hand wash the fabric or dry clean after 2-3 days of drying
- You can use 3D outliner to give a 3D effect, but that is optional.