This recipe is free of alcohol and essential oils, and baking soda.This recipe helped me a lot with my girl. She was very colicky. The Woodward's Gripe Water included Alcohol, Dill seed, essential oils, baking soda, and sucrose. The dill is replaced by fennel, Corn Syrup replaces the sucrose. Ginger and peppermint are added to further help with flatulence. Do not substitute sucrose with honey. If you want, you may substitute it with sugar cane jaggery.
1. Fennel Seed: 1 teaspoon
2. Peeled Ginger: ¼ Inch
3. Corn Syrup: 1 Tablespoon.
4. Fresh Peppermint leaves: 2
5. Water: 4 Cups
1. Mix all ingredients in a heavy bottom pot. Bring it to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Strain. Let it cool to room temperature. Keep it refrigerated.
3. After 24 hours, brew a new batch and throw out the old batch.