This Podi comes in handy on days when you dont feel like cooking and wanna day off but still feeling bad for your family.
Toor dal - 1 cup
Moong dal - 1/2 cup
Chana dal - 1/2 cup
Red chilli powder - 2 tbsp
Black pepper powder - 2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. Dry fry all the dals separately until they turn golden brown. Mix well.
2. Add the jeera and hing to the dal mixture when its still hot and keep aside to cool.
3. Once cool, grind to a course/fine powder depending on preference.
4. Add red chilli powder, pepper and salt to the ground mixture and store in an airtight jar.
5. Goes well with steamed rice, idly and dosa.