We are posting the recipe of sweet potato parathas, which we tried last weekend. Though we did it for the first time, it came out well. It was quite different in taste. here is the recipe
Wheat flour - 1 cup
oil- 1 teaspoon
salt to taste
Boiled sweet potatoes - 19big)
onion - 1(finely chopped)
Jeera powder- 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Butter/ Ghee for cooking the parathas
1. Remove skin from the boiled sweet potato and mash it well.
2. In a mixing bowl , take the wheat flour, add little salt ,1 tsp oil and with required amount of water prepare the usual roti dough and allow it to rest for half an hour
3. Mean while, heat oil in a sauce pan, add finely chopped onion and fry till translucent, then add all the powders and little salt and mix well
4.Finally add the mashed sweet potato and mix well. do not cook for long(1-2 mins max). This will be the paratha filling
5. Take the prepared dough and make flatten it and keep little filling in it and seal all sides and roll the parathas. They needn't be thin
6. Using butter/ghee cook the parathas on both sides till golden brown.
7.Can be served with tomato sauce.