Prawn - 1/2 kg
onions - 1 big chopped
tomato - 2 med size chopped
ginger garlic paste- 1 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
chilli powder - 1 tsp
coriander powder - 2 tsp
salt as need
coriander leaves to garnish(optional)
- Wash and devein the prawns with a paring knife
- Heat oil and add whole garam masala(cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, elaichi) and then add the onions and saute.
- Once the onions are slightly browned, add the tomatoes and cook till the skin separates.
- Later add the spices and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add the prawns and salt and cover and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook till the water evaporates and the masala becomes thick.
- Serve with steamed rice or roti.