Well, Tiramisu has been our all-time favourite dessert. Mainly it has got the flavour of coffee. Need we say more? We got this recipe from Showmethecurry blog. They had two ways of doing. We prefered the later. It turned out well. We didnt exactly follow the assembling pattern and we used a round cake pan but that is entirely upto your taste. You can even make use of your own cake mix and not the store bought one as we did.
Cream Cheese – 8oz box at room temp (Mascarpone cheese is the one used traditionally)
Sugar – 6 Tbsp (divided)
Whipped Cream – 3/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream plus 1 Tbsp Sugar whipped to 1 1/2 cups (1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip may be used as an instant alternative)
Egg Yolks – 3
Strong Coffee – 1 cup (or as needed) mixed with 2 Tbsp Rum (optional)
1/2 box white cake mix
Cocoa Powder & Powdered Sugar – for garnishing
1. Bake cake per package directions. Only 1/2 box is necessary for this recipe.
2. After cake has cooled, flip baking pan over on a flat dish or work surface.
3. Using a long bread knife, cut the cake in half horizontally, creating two thin layers of cake.
4. Carefully place the top layer back into the baking pan.
5. Using a pastry brush, dab coffee onto the cake. More coffee may be required to soak the cake.
6. Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese filling onto the cake and dust with cocoa powder.
7. Carefully place the second layer of cake on top of the filling.
8. Dab more coffee onto the cake.
9. Spread remaining filling evenly and dust with cocoa creating an even layer.
10. Cover and chill overnight.