This recipe is adapted from Ina garten's recipes. The pancakes turned out fluffy and we could taste the lemon flavour which was refreshing.
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt or 1 tsp regular salt
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1. sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. on another bowl combine sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
3. add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix only until combined.
4. melt a tablespoon of butter on a large skillet over medium low heat until it bubbles.
5. ladle the pancake batter into the skillet and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on top and the bottom is nicely browned.
5. flip them over and cook for another minute or so until its browned.
6. serve warm with butter and maple syrup or strawberry syrup like we did.