For Taco assembling:
hot sauce (optional)
black eyed peas salad
cheese( we omitted this)
Black eyed peas salad/ dip preparation:(adapted from the Neelys' recipes)
- 2 – 15 oz. cans of blackeye peas, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced (about 1/2 of medium onion)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, diced (about 1/2 of pepper)
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped (about 3 green onions)
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Begin by draining the peas.
- Dice the purple/red onion, green onion, yellow bell pepper and rough chopping the cilantro.
- Mix together the black-eyed peas, onion, pepper and cilantro in a bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper, pour over the black-eyed pea/onion/pepper combo, mix well to combine.
chicken small pieces
salt and pepper
Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the chicken with salt and pepper. We had some leftover chicken that we made for lunch with indian spices. I just broiled them and used them after shredding them with a fork.