This is a sweet often prepared at our home , during most festivities. So we thought of sharing the recipe used by our mom and grand mom, during this time , when festivities are around the corner. Hope it is useful to all of you.
Besan Flour 200 grams
Ghee 100-125 grams
Powdered sugar 200 grams
Khova 200 grams
Cashews and raisins 4tbsp9finely chopped)
Cardamom Powder 1 tsp
1. Heat 1 tbsp of ghee, fry cashew nuts and keep aside.
2. Roast besan in 1/2 the remaining ghee over a low flame till it gives a good roasted flavor and turns pale brown.
3. Allow it to cool completely.
4. Add powdered sugar and mashed Khova. Mix well. Add cardamom powder and half the cashew nuts and saffron.
5. Mix well . Add remaining ghee a table spoon at a time till the mixture holds together. Shape the mixture into laddoos and decorate with remaining nuts
These delicious laddoos are very easy to make. There is no anxiety about getting the consistency of sugar syrup right.