Tomato - 1 big
tamarind - 1 1/2 tsp
garlic pods- 3
red chillies - 3
curry leaves - few
mustard seeds - 1 tsp
cumin seeds- 1 tsp
peppercorns - 1 tsp
Dal water( or plain water is also fine)
rasam powder - 1 tsp
- Temper the mustard seeds, red chillies, and garlic ( smashed).
- Squeeze the tomatoes. Add to the pan. Mix the tamarind with water and add to the pan.
- Add the dal water.
- Grind the cumin seeds, peppercorns and add to the rasam. Sprinkle salt as required.
- Bring it to a boil and then add a tsp of rasam powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.